Friday, February 4, 2011

Why Start A Blog?

So why am I starting a blog? God alone knows, but it has been something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I have always enjoyed reading other people's blogs. It could be that I'm a massive voyeur (sadly it's true - I luv to people watch), but I also think that I have been able to learn from other people's journeys. Ultimately, I realize that there are a lot of people who are going through what I'm going through in life and it is nice to know that I am not alone.

So why the title of my blog? Katy's blog was already taken as were almost all derivatives of my name. My hubby Ryan suggested cupcake obsession because we have recently started "The Four Hour Body" slow carb diet from Tim Ferriss' book. We started this diet last Sunday and so far so good. In this diet you are allowed to have a cheat day, which for us will be Saturday. Needless to say, I have been dreaming about cupcakes, cupcakes, and yes more cupcakes. As part of this diet we are also opting out of our normal workout routine and are incorporating his super fab kettle bell swing workout. We are hopefull that this work.

I have been a long-time (read 10 years) member of Weight Watchers. Let me say that it does work, but I have a hard time working it. Weight Watcher's changed their points systems to the Power Points system which means that I no longer know all of the points values by hearts. As such, it seemed like a good time to ditch Weight Watchers and give something new (and hopefully easier) a try. OK - sort of ditch. I have already paid for this month so I'm still logging in food to see just how many points I have actually eaten. Can we say obsession!

Anyways, this is my blog about my life and my current journeys, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment