Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Back Into the Workout Habit

Before Thanksgiving, I would wake up every morning at 6:45 and workout. My workout at the time was the 5-Factor Fitness and then 30 minutes of cardio. Just before Thanksgiving I got sick and had to keep going to my job and to do the whole Thanksgiving thing for 20 people. Fast forward to Christmas and it was the same story. I was literally sick for 6 weeks and and to take oral steroids in order to get better. This of course means that my well-established workout routine was no more.

Now that it is February I am struggling to re-establish my workout habits. So far I have failed miserably. I have never been one of those people who enjoyed working out. It has just been a necessary evil to help me manage my anxiety. The 4-Body's kettlebell routine is super easy. However, I think I need to do more. Its not all about weight loss for me, better overall fitness and mental well being is really what I strive to attain.

I'm think the solution is start fresh on Monday and to set goals. Babysteps. My first goal will be to get up, get dressed, and do something. They say it takes 30 days to establish a new habit. I wonder how long it takes to re-establish a lost habit. I guess I will know in the coming weeks.

My question for my two followers and anyone else who wants to comment: How do you successfully establish a new habit? Any tricks to successfully working out every day? Any fun new workouts anyone has found?

No comments:

Post a Comment