Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method - Prep Night (Take 2)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method - Prep Night


 I bought this book from Amazon.com because I had heard about it in one of my many magazines (I can't remember which one). I had originally bought this from Half-Price Books, but it was missing the DVD and you sooo need the DVD. The reviews were for the most part positive and 30 days seems like a reasonable amount of time to see some real body changes. Most importantly, I can see the evidence of her work in Gwyneth Paltrow who she trains and has a hot body. Listed below is the link on Amazon.com 

http://www.amazon.com/Tracy-Andersons-30-Day-Method-Weight-Loss/dp/B005ZO4V4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322360475&sr=8-1


So now that Thanksgiving is over I am going to officially start my second attempt at Tracy Anderson's 30 day method. I quit pretty early during my first attempt because Thanksgiving was coming up and that was obviously not going to be the best time to start a new diet. Although the holidays are still technically here I'm hoping to lose some serious chub before Christmas. 


Although Tracy says to not make any changes at all to her method I am making a few significant ones. First of all, I will not follow her meal plan exactly as written for the 30 days. It is too hard and seems wasteful as most of the recipes has a yield of two and the repeat for that dish maybe a week or more a way. I am instead opting to chose some daily menu's that I like and repeat those throughout the 30 days.


My second change will be in regards to the cardio component. Jogging is forbidden and you are only allowed to do her dance routine. I'm breaking this rule and will be jogging three days a week for cardio. The main reason for this is that I am half way through the Couch to 5K program app on my iphone. I really want to see if I can finish that.


I am going to spend the rest of this evening planning my meals for week one and making the all important shopping list. Tomorrow morning it is off to the grocery store after my jog (weather permitting).


On to meal planning....

I am attaching a pic of my meal plan. I'm going to see how this works out. As I continue on this journey I am sure I will learn little tricks and tips that will help with this as I am not following her meals exactly.

My Meal Plan for Week One


 

No comments:

Post a Comment