Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 1 - Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method

Sunday, November 27, 2011
Day 1 - Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Method 

My official starting weight is 146.8 which is super high considering that like last week I was 3 pounds lighter! WTF? I'm sure most it is water weight from bloat after my Thanksgiving's Day feast. 
 
Day 1 was definitely a tough day. I did OK with following my menu with some minor modifications because I didn't go to the store until this evening. Breakfast was sweet potato silver dollar pancakes. These were surprisingly filling and took an insane amount of time to make. Lunch was tomato minestrone soup. The snack was supposed to be the choco-chestnut pudding but I didn't get to the store in time so I substituted 100 cal low sugar yogurt. I went off the grid for dinner as well. We went to Ruby Tuesday and I ordered salmon, zucchini, and mashed cauliflower. So I tried my best but need to do much better!

In regards to exercise I did my couch to 5K jogging (Week 4 Day 3 - yay me!) but didn't get to do my muscle design moves. Not to sound all Scarlett O'Hara, but again tomorrow is another day.
 
Like my first attempt at this diet I can tell you that I am HUNGRY! And GRUMPY! My family is ready to vote me off the island. I checked out the calories using my fitness pal and I have eaten only like 866 cals today. Maybe too low but I'm sure that is how you get the super awesome results she talks about. This is a boot camp so it's only 30 days of this. Hopefully I will make it all the way this time and lose the 10-20 lbs I really need to lose. Frankly, I would be thrilled to just go down two sizes. 
 
From my past attempt at this I know that tomorrow will not be easier, but I am hoping to take it one day at a time. I'm thinking (OK praying) that maybe, just maybe after week this diet and exorcize plan will become easier! 

Day 1 - Meals (My Menu Variations)
Breakfast - Sweet Potato Silver Dollar Pancakes (218 cal w/out syrup)

As I mentioned above these took to long to make for a breakfast dish. They were not to bad and were very filling, especially compared to her other recipes which tend to leave me starving. 
 
Sweet Potato Silver Dollar Pancakes




Lunch - Tomato Minestrone Soup (103 cal)

This soup I have made before. I do not personally think it resembles minestrone soup at all. It is really just a veggie soup. It's not bad tasting but the 8 oz serving does not fill me up. 
 
Tomato Minestrone Soup
 
 
 
Snack - Siggi's Blueberry Yogurt (100 cal)

This yogurt is a very lightly sweetened (with agave syrup), high protein  Icelandic yogurt. It took me awhile to get used to the taste, but now I love these! 
 
Siggi's Blueberry Yogurt
 
 
 
 
Dinner - Ruby Tuesday's Salmon (445 cal)

Definitely not on the diet, but I tried to pick the best choice possible. The calories were listed on the menu. Dinner was literally half of my calories for the day.
 
Ruby Tuesday's Salmon
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment