Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trying to Get Used to Being Unemployed

Now that I am no longer taking my summer college classes I am trying to get in the habit of being a stay at home mom/trophy wife. This has been really hard for me because I have essentially worked everyday of my life since I was 17 years old and now I'm not. Let me make this clear, it is not easier to stay at home. In some regards it is harder because I take my child to and from pre-school which is 45 minutes each way and it is still summer. I will find out next week how  much more trafficky it gets when school actually starts. In addition I am doing P90X. Essentially once I finish this and eat lunch it is almost time to pick up my kid.

My hope is that once I get in the hang up stuff I can come up with a more efficient schedule so that I am able to accomplish more. It seems like I got more done when I had a job. Probably because I knew that I had no margin for error and really kept a tight schedule. Hopefully this phase in my life will  come together and I am able to make it all work: housework, shopping, errands, exercise, and child transportation. Millions of moms do this so there is just some missing ingredient that I haven't figured out yet. But, I know I will triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment