Sunday, August 14, 2011

Had An Interview Where They Interviewed Two of Us

As I have mentioned, I am currently unemployed and have been looking for jobs and applying to schools. On Friday I had a job interview which was a bit unorthodox in my opinion. When I showed up and was waiting to be called the other person in the waiting room leaned over towards me and said, "Oh you must be the other girl I'm interviewing with?" My  expression must have told her that I had no idea what is Hades she was talking about because she then explained to me that she had been told this was an interview where they were interviewing two candidates at the same time. Is this normally done? I have never had this experience before and thought it was soooo not kosher. Beyond awkward. What really made me mad is that I had to move mountains to get to this interview, dressed up, filled out another application, and brought my brag book. Would it have been too hard to grant me the courtesy of giving me my own time slot? Moreover, why was this other chick informed about the dual interview while I was not? We will see if they consider me I tried to go with it but I definitely but the top of the salary listing as the lowest I would take so I'm assuming they will go for the less experienced but more flexible gal who isn't me. I want to be compensated for my work. OF course this is still the early stages. In a few months when I get desperate I may have much lower standards.



No comments:

Post a Comment