Thursday, June 9, 2011

Zumba and Krav Maga

In order to further motivate my fitness and weight loss efforts (I'm talking about you 7 lbs gained during Christmas) I have signed up for 6 weeks of zumba and krav maga. Zumba, which I go to once a weak with my sister Kassy, is crazy fun and high energy. I definitely sweated more than I had in awhile. For those unfamiliar with zumba it's a dance based exercise class that combines several different dance types like samba and belly dancing. It's crazy fun. I'm actually looking forward to the next class. Krav maga, which I take with the hubs, is israeli self-defense. This class was also fun and you learn practical self defense skills. What really impressed me about krav maga is that you actually get to punch bags that your partner/opponent holds. This way one can get the feel for throwing a punch or a kick. Taking these classes is definitely a great motivation for me to consistently work out and will hopefully help me reach weight loss and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment