Thursday, June 16, 2011

So My Company Decided I Should Stay at Home and Become a Trophy Wife

Yep it's true. I have now officially joined the numbers of those who are currently unemployed. Technically I was laid-off and not fired. I assure that this is little comfort. Ultimately it means that I may get a reference, probably not, because I pointed out the inequality of who they chose to keep, and unemployment. I have hated this job for the last two years. What is super entertaining is that I actually quit this job two and half months ago and they refused to take my resignation. All things considered I guess I brought this on myself. But what I can't wrap my head around is that I'm actually hurt. When I quit I almost euphoric. Probably because I was in control of the siutation. Now my ego has taken a hit. So I have given myself until next Wednsday to mope around and grieve. After that I will have to start figuring out what I want to do when I grow up and start getting in shape. My last excuse, too much work, has been taken away from me. What is really weird is that I haven't not worked a day in my life since I was 17 years old. I am truly out of my element. Obviously this is supposed to be a learning experience I just pray that I don't have to hit bottom before I learn what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment