Sunday, October 23, 2011

Unemployment Brings Unwanted Side-Effects

As you can probably tell from my previous postings, like most American women I am obsessed with my weight. Despite my best (or not best) attempts I seem to hover around the same weight which is 15 pounds more than I would like to weigh. This problem has only become worse not that I have joined the ranks of the jobless.

At first I thought exercise would be my ticket to finally making it to my ideal weight. Ha! I exercise five days a week most weeks and have not lost an ounce. In fact, I have gained weight. It turns out that having all of this extra time to exercise means that I also have lots of time to eat. And boy do I eat! Junk, junk, and more junk. Hey, I have a 3 year old and the kid food that comes with them. I just happen to have a very unsophisticated palate which means that I like processed foods.

What's the solution? I have no fricking idea! It has been suggested by those who know more than me that my new found love affair with all things packaged stems from the sudden lack of structure in my day. Logically this makes since so my goal is to instill more scheduling my day and to sit down for meals. This means I must say farewell to eating while watching my DVRed shows. Hopefully I can soon say I have the exercise AND the healthful eating down and am on my way to being a skinnier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment